Petroleum Resources Kutubu Mendi Muruks have vowed to go one step further in their quest to win the semi-professional Rugby League Challenge.
Muruks were hit by a dilemma this year as they plunged to last on the ladder but are already aiming high for the 2014 season.
Formerly known as the Maybe and Johnson Mendi Muruks, this Rugby League club has been home to many talents who’ve come and gone.
Last year’s Digicel Cup runners up were hit hard this season when former franchise owner Maybe and Johnson failed to renew its sponsorship resulting in many loyal and big name players walking off the club.
The 2013 semi-professional Digicel Cup Rugby League season hasn’t been all that kind to the former glamour team.
Petroleum Resources Kutubu Muruks have been beaten and dropped to last on the ladder, but what’s more inspiring, is all that is now a thing of the past.
With the help of sponsors and a group of patriotic Southern Highlanders at the forefront Mendi Muruks is aiming high and plan to go far with long time players Reuben Ruing sharing his experience with the club.
Other youngsters Joshua Mosley, Jepeth Pua and hard man Andrew Buka have vowed to stick with the Muruks through thick and thin.
The 2013 Digicel Cup season may have been a catastrophic year for the Mendi Muruks, but with new sponsors; PRK, Kiburu Lodge, Construct Oceanic Limited, Heli Solutions, and Members of Parliamen…raw talent from within the Province can be developed starting with a major fundraising dinner on the 15th of this month at the Dynasty Restaurant in Port Moresby.
Prime Minister Peter O’Neill, member for Ialibu Pangia is expected to be guest speaker.
Governor Powi's rep presenting K200, 000.00 to PRK Mendi Muruks at Joseph Keviame Oval. Cheque received by PRK Muruks team manager, Wale Molsi.
By Sylvester Pai
As a diehard fan and follower of Mendi Muruks would like to propose a concept plan called “Proposal for PRK Mendi Muruks Long Term Development”.
The Mendi Muruks Development Plan proposal will define self-sustainability and sovereignty for the PRK Mendi Muruks long-term success and development. Below is the concepts; I guess’ it is the way forward for the development and management of the team.
• Appointment of a BOD with a Board Chairman – the Board Chairman shall be the Franchise Owner/Franchise nominated representative. An appointed CEO will report to the Board Chairman. The CEO shall overlook the affairs of the three entity of the club as per the proposed Org Chart attached.
• Create a Mendi Muruks Investment Company (Mendi Muruks Investment Ltd) to become self-sustainable and independent that can manage the financial assets and eventually make profit for the club. The proposed Investment Company shall be managed by a “Business Development and Operations Manager”. The Business Development and Operations Manager will report to the CEO.
• The team (Mendi Muruks) will be managed by a professionally qualified Team Manager/Manageress. The team manager/manageress will then oversee the day to day business of the team including the coaching staff and etc and report to the CEO.
• The objective of the Organisation will be to have a competent and high performance team that can compete in the PNG NRL Competition. Development opportunities for young potential Muruks will be taken into consideration to represent the team in the future. This will be effectively managed by the “RL Development Manager” to groom and develop the potential young players to fill gaps when opportunities arise. The RL Development Manager will also report to the CEO.
• A Duty Statement/Job description shall be defined and assigned to each key position to effectively and efficiently carry-out the operation of the organisation.
• A constitution will need to be drafted / defined to guide the Operation of the entity to have the entity free of Political Influence, Conflict of Interest and Wantok System.
This is just a proposal for the sovereignty of Mendi Muruks and to uphold and maintain our integrity and pride. Not only that, but to give an opportunity to the young Southern Highlanders to make their mark in the National and International Level. The proposal if adopted will have a greater impact on the annual team performance going forward. The anticitipated benefit from this proposal will be but not limited to;
• Becoming a Professional Rugby League Football Franchise Club which will be run by professionals.
• Constant Participation in the PNGNRL Run Competition
• Profitability and Success
• Independent and Self-Sustainable – can sustain its own development and operation.
• Competency and Performance- highly performance and competent team.
• Discipline and Commitment will be significant.
This is just a proposal and is subjected to change given the views of the current management as well as the people of Southern Highlands Province.
I am willing to share my knowledge and vision to see the development of Mendi Muruks to another level in PNG. If given the opportunity, I am willing to make a formal presentation to the BOD, Management and the key stakeholders regarding the detail of the proposal.
For the love of my team PRK Mendi Muruks.
Muruks is not only about winning Grand Final. We have lost this season but we are winners to help our brothers, sister, mothers and fathers, in need. Muruks has now partner with the PNG stoma Association with one of our patient mother Mrs. Janet Yaki to support though her experience those in similar situation. Muruks auctioned a Maroons Jersey signed by 2013 Maroons players during the Fundrasing for K100,000.00 and 80% we have donated to PNG Stoma Association.
Home of Mendi Muruks
Bring the latest Mendi Muruks Rugby League Team updates