By Sylvester Pai
As a diehard fan and follower of Mendi Muruks would like to propose a concept plan called “Proposal for PRK Mendi Muruks Long Term Development”.
The Mendi Muruks Development Plan proposal will define self-sustainability and sovereignty for the PRK Mendi Muruks long-term success and development. Below is the concepts; I guess’ it is the way forward for the development and management of the team.
• Appointment of a BOD with a Board Chairman – the Board Chairman shall be the Franchise Owner/Franchise nominated representative. An appointed CEO will report to the Board Chairman. The CEO shall overlook the affairs of the three entity of the club as per the proposed Org Chart attached.
• Create a Mendi Muruks Investment Company (Mendi Muruks Investment Ltd) to become self-sustainable and independent that can manage the financial assets and eventually make profit for the club. The proposed Investment Company shall be managed by a “Business Development and Operations Manager”. The Business Development and Operations Manager will report to the CEO.
• The team (Mendi Muruks) will be managed by a professionally qualified Team Manager/Manageress. The team manager/manageress will then oversee the day to day business of the team including the coaching staff and etc and report to the CEO.
• The objective of the Organisation will be to have a competent and high performance team that can compete in the PNG NRL Competition. Development opportunities for young potential Muruks will be taken into consideration to represent the team in the future. This will be effectively managed by the “RL Development Manager” to groom and develop the potential young players to fill gaps when opportunities arise. The RL Development Manager will also report to the CEO.
• A Duty Statement/Job description shall be defined and assigned to each key position to effectively and efficiently carry-out the operation of the organisation.
• A constitution will need to be drafted / defined to guide the Operation of the entity to have the entity free of Political Influence, Conflict of Interest and Wantok System.
This is just a proposal for the sovereignty of Mendi Muruks and to uphold and maintain our integrity and pride. Not only that, but to give an opportunity to the young Southern Highlanders to make their mark in the National and International Level. The proposal if adopted will have a greater impact on the annual team performance going forward. The anticitipated benefit from this proposal will be but not limited to;
• Becoming a Professional Rugby League Football Franchise Club which will be run by professionals.
• Constant Participation in the PNGNRL Run Competition
• Profitability and Success
• Independent and Self-Sustainable – can sustain its own development and operation.
• Competency and Performance- highly performance and competent team.
• Discipline and Commitment will be significant.
This is just a proposal and is subjected to change given the views of the current management as well as the people of Southern Highlands Province.
I am willing to share my knowledge and vision to see the development of Mendi Muruks to another level in PNG. If given the opportunity, I am willing to make a formal presentation to the BOD, Management and the key stakeholders regarding the detail of the proposal.
For the love of my team PRK Mendi Muruks.
Home of Mendi Muruks
Bring the latest Mendi Muruks Rugby League Team updates